St. Francis of Assisi Elementary School
Before design and re-zoning work began, KMBR delivered a campus master plan and feasibility study, prepared in accordance with the following process:
- Project committee meetings Visioning and programming workshops
- Needs assessment and programming
- Structural / seismic assessment of the elementary school, church, and rectory
- Overall multi-disciplinary condition assessment of the elementary school
- Identification of options including budget costing
- In-depth site evaluation including zoning regulations, and topographic survey
- Agency consultation (City of Vancouver Planning Department)
- Architectural conceptual design for the preferred option (replacement school)
Our team examined all factors and developed cost scenarios for four options. With all the information presented, the Parish decided to move forward with the recommended option of a replacement elementary school. The new school 31,000 ft2 is to be built on the site of the existing St. Francis of Assisi School. The addition of the school on the church site requires a development permit including an application for variances. The permit and related documentation are currently being reviewed and the project is expected to complete August 2020.
- Client: St. Francis of Assisi Parish
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Size: 2,880 sq.m.
- Project Type: Master Planning and Feasibility Study