Mission Community Health Centre
The new health centre is a purposefully designed facility allowing for a synergy of functions and spaces and improved delivery of community-based health care services. The health centre is ideally located with easy access from public transportation and is in close proximity to the hospital main entrance ensuring convenient access between the two buildings. In this location, the residents living in the existing care home north of the hospital site also have convenient and essentially level access to the Health Centre building.
In 2016 KMBR was re-engaged by PHSA to provide architectural services for shell space fit-out and facility re-planning to complete the vision for a truly integrated community health services delivery model: the first of its kind in the lower mainland. The newly renovated facility includes the following services and programs:
- Public health including service areas for moms + babies, speech therapy suite, and needle exchange
- Primary care including clinical 12 exam rooms
- Home health including 3 exam rooms with bariatrics
- Mental health + addictions, ABI, and Riverstone Detox
- Division of family practice, including triage + 3 exam rooms
- Multi-purpose rooms for various community health programs
- Office workspaces for community health staff
Photographer: Derek Lepper
- Client: Fraser Health Authority
- Location: Mission, BC
- Size: 2,787 sq.m.
- Project Type: New Build, Fit-Out and Facility Re-planning
- Project Delivery: Design-Build (original building)